There is so much information/advice/ideas out there on the internet - but I wanted to bring my readers a series of posts from REAL mummies who are living with two year olds here and now. I thought I'd start with a funny one...
Most ridiculous (and hilarious) reasons for having a tantrum
- She no longer want this peanut butter sandwich she asked for
- Mum took away his melted easter egg
- He took my own shoes off
- These shorts don't have pockets!
- Mum won't let him wear shoes to bed
- Because she pulled her pant legs up and now knees were cold
- Mum won't let her take her pillowcase/sunscreen/pyjamas/spoon to child care
- "I don't want that yoghurt! Oh wait yes I do!"
- She wanted a bandaid (mum gave her one 5 minutes earlier)
- Her arms were cold because she took her jacket off
- Her hat was covering her eyes because she pulled it down
- Mum won't let her ride the dog like a horse
- Mum won't let him leave the house with shoes on the wrong feet
- He want to eat margarine straight from the tub with a fork
- He want to put underwear on the dog
- A pea doesn't fit up his nose and stay there long enough to run around the room
- When the TV kept turning off but HE was the one with the remote pushing the on/off button
- Mum was wearing a dressing gown
- Because shoes don't go on your hands
- She wanted her milk cup - which was in her hand.
- Because mum told him to take his Nanna's heels off
- Because he couldn't use mum's "eye brush" (mascara)
- Because he couldn't wear mum's "boo boo jocks" (bra)
- Getting dressed
- Coming inside from outside play time
- Mum ate the last bite of her own cereal
- No you can't wear socks in the bath
- We're taking the ute and not the car
- Because chocolate chip cookies have chocolate chips in them
- Because the cat scratched him when he tried to use it as a pillow
- The banana wont go back in the peel
- Broken bananas don't go back together
- Mummy was holding Daddy's hand
- When ANYTHING goes in the microwave
Basically, a two year old reserves the right to change their mind in a split second and a tantrum shall occur if they do not get what they want IMMEDIATELY if not sooner.
Hope you were giggling through this list. If you have something to add please comment below! I'd love to keep the list going.
Thanks again to my wonderful March Mummies who inspired this post. The next instalment in the series are the mummy's tips for handling these tantrums!
PS if you were wondering - yes one of those tantrums listed above was Miss M. For some strange reason she hates it when I wear a dressing gown or jacket. I think it's because she prefers to be cool than warm - maybe she thinks I must feel the same as her! Two year olds don't understand that other people have thoughts and feelings different to their own.
Linking up with Jess for IBOT