Hi everyone! Well I'm here blogging on my phone from my hospital bed - couldn't help myself. So hopefully it turns out ok. I am now a proud mother of two and we have become a family of four. We are so smitten with our newest addition...
I just wanted to share a few dot points of my pregnancy journey and how it all turned out. I'm not one for birth stories, so will keep that part brief :)
- 15th April 2015 = Last drinks! My favourite Rockford Alicante Rose to celebrate our wedding anniversary.
- I was 8 weeks along on my 32nd birthday & Mother's Day
- In June I went to Melbourne for a girls weekend to see The Lion King with my wonderful inlaws.
- We announced our exciting news on the 30th of June at 12 weeks.
- We found out that our baby was a boy at 20 weeks (well 95% sure we were told).
- I was craving anything and everything sweet pretty much the whole pregnancy.
- At 25 weeks I was privileged to be bridesmaid for a dear friends wedding. It was an epic weekend but so much fun!
- We started to get Miss M prepared for the big changes and helped her reach her 'big girl' milestones, no dummy, big girl bed & toilet trained in October school holidays.
- Miss M started making sense of it all and gave me some tips on how to handle 2 kids!
- As I started to get bigger and the toddler toys all over the floor became increasingly difficult to pick up - enter 'the claw' = best ever pregnancy life hack!
- We got the nursery ready with hot air balloons & clouds. I love it! And Miss M loves playing in there, she puts her toys to bed in the cot and tells us 'sshhh'!
- I had a follow up scan at 32 weeks to check for low lying placenta (which had moved). And at this scan there was no doubt that he was definitely a boy!
- I absolutely loved (and was very lucky to be) a friends 'guinea pig' as she studied pregnancy massage and practised on me.
- I worked up until 36 weeks, made it to the end of the school year. So relieved to have made it.
- Our little man was very wriggly & active on the inside and was measuring quite big like his big sister.
- Arrival date! 30th of December 2015 (38 weeks + 4 days). Elective caeserean (for several reasons). Miss M ended up being a caeserean after a long labour that wasn't progressing, so we decided to schedule one this time around. Same OB as last time and the same hospital. Being taken care of so well.
- His stats... 3.9 kg, 53 cm length and 37 cm head circumference.
- All went very well and smoothly. We had a lovely, calm, relaxed and happy day 1 with him. I soaked up every moment.
- Miss M was amazing with him when she visited, wanted to cuddle him non stop and was so gentle. She gave him a special gift she had chosen, and told him that he would have his own bedroom at our house. My heart melted!
And there you go. I've fallen in love all over again.
Happy new year everyone!! Wherever you may be. I've heard we may even be able to see some fireworks from our hospital room balcony :)
We choose to keep our children's names private in this blog and ever expanding and overwhelming Internet world. So we'll just call him 'Little Man'.