|The welcoming view as you enter the Toy Library (can you spot my little miss?)|
|Kitchen Toys for Imaginative Play|
|Baby Walkers and Activity Tables|
|Baby and Toddler Toys|
|Lots of games for various ages|
- The Toy Library is located within the Tea Tree Gully Library (571 Montague Road Modbury SA)
- There are more than 3000 items in the Toy Library to choose from.
- There are 600+ families who borrow those toys.
- There are 17 friendly volunteers who make the Toy Library run smoothly.
- It only costs $30 a year to be a member.
- You can borrow two toys and one puzzle per visit.
- Their website is here
- You can pop in to borrow Tuesday & Thursday 10:00 am - 3:00 pm and Wednesday 2:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- If you go on a Thursday be sure to also check out Baby Bounce & Rhyme for under 2s from 10:30 - 11am in the children's library area
- They also lend out the bigger items for party hire - bouncy castle, cars, ball pit, bubble machine, play gym, slide, roller coaster...and much more!
- Most importantly - young children learn through play, so a community resource like the Toy Library is a way to always have new toys in your home to engage your little one in valuable learning experiences.
|Many Musical Instruments|
|A very popular choice! Cars available for party hire (and yes the little people are allowed to ride them around the Library)|
|Some of the bigger toys your little one can enjoy|
|And they even have costumes you can borrow! Keep this in mind for Book Week next year.|
Here's a couple of photos of some toys we've been borrowing lately. There is such a great variety and it is organised really well - uncluttered, categorised into age group with little signs and labels.
|From L-R Fisher Price Musical Snail, Fish Puzzle, Tobbles, Fisher Price Phone, Pop-up toy, Transport Puzzle|
Oooohhh and I nearly forgot to mention, there is even a cafe in the library foyer! So you can stop for coffee, lunch or morning/afternoon tea when you borrow your toys and/or books. Very child friendly atmosphere with highchairs, couches and comfy arm chairs.
Now, if you're not an Adelaidian - I apologise that this post may not be of interest to you. However, you should definitely look into finding a local toy library in your area. If you live in Australia click here to find your local toy library.
Thank you TTG Toy Library for helping the littlest members of your community bring the joy of play into their homes. If you live in the area, please consider joining up and supporting a wonderful local organisation.