You may or may not know, but hubby came up with my blog name Teacher Types. He'd always used it as a light hearted tease, "You teacher types" or "those teacher types" he'd say, because I guess we are a special kind of breed - us teachers. (By the way I should mention hubby is obviously not a teacher). I thought this afternoon I'd sum up a few common characteristics and traits that we have.
- We (most of us) love our coffee - there is always coffee, milk and sugar in a staff room. And if there's not, watch out!
- Our spare room or spare cupboards at home are filled with teacher resources that wont fit into our classrooms
- We always buy things for our class at the shops
- Before throwing ANYTHING away we think - could I use this for school?
- We're rule followers
- We go above and beyond for our students
- We don't just 'work' from bell to bell
- We give up time in our holidays and weekends preparing lessons
- We get excited by fresh sharp new pencils in pencil pots
- Chances are - we are always thinking about school and our students. It's often difficult to leave work at work.
Do you agree? Anything to add to my list?